MINDSHOTS: How Mindshots WorkEdit
Here is how Mindshots work. This is an imaginary sequence of events that should accurately reflect what will happen in SWG. In this example, the following rules apply:
- -- Timer starts from 0 when you first pull the trigger.
- -- You fire MS2, then MS1, then another MS2 and another MS1.
- -- Assume creature just stands there so you can see what happens.
00 seconds: you fire first MS2 and hit for 900 pts. NO DAMAGE OCCURS ON THIS SHOT. Creatures HAM bars do not change. 04 seconds: you fire first MS1 and hit for 522 pts. NO DAMAGE OCCURS ON THIS SHOT. Creatures HAM bars do not change. 20 seconds: first bleed (or "tick") of your MS2 occurs: Creature loses -900 Mind. 24 seconds: first bleed (or "tick") of your MS1 occurs: Creature loses -522 Mind. 30 seconds: you fire a second MS2, hit for 855 pts. This shot is IGNORED because new value is LESS than original MS2 of 900. 35 seconds: you fire a second MS1 and hit for 711 pts. This shot REPLACES the first MS1 because the damage is greater than 522. NO damage occurs to creature with this new shot. 40 seconds: second bleed from original MS2 occurs. Creature loses another -900 mind. 55 seconds: first bleed from SECOND MS1 occurs. Creature loses -711 pts. mind.
- Bleeds by themselves do not give you XP. In order to get XP you MUST shoot the creature with any other rifle shot that does immediate damage, such as a Head Shot.
- Citairen_Mugarrii reported that MS2 bleeds tick every 20 seconds for Three minutes (9 bleeds)
- -- and that MS1 bleeds tick every 20 seconds for Two minutes (6 bleeds)
- Mindshot 1 does 1.5x damage
- Mindshot 2 does 2.0x damage
- Mindshots IGNORE armor and resists
- Weapon's Armor Piercing (AP) MAY be taken into account... not sure
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.